2017 Scholarship Application:
2017 Links Form (updated as of Feb 22nd)
DATE: February 15, 2017
The Links, Incorporated is an international civic organization of accomplished, dedicated women whose primary focus is working together to meet the needs of persons of African ancestry.
Our local Chapter, The Madison Metropolitan Chapter of The Links, Inc, proudly celebrating 31 years of service in the area, is committed to enhancing the status of African-American people and people of African ancestry through the promotion of educational, cultural, and civic development within the community. Due to the generous contributions of individuals and businesses alike, we have been able to award more than $150,000.00 in scholarships; U.S. Savings Bonds; and Book Store gift cards, since the Chapter’s inception in 1985. We annually award these scholarships to college-bound African-American students residing in the Greater Madison and Beloit areas.
Who can apply?
- High School Seniors (Scholarship Applicants Only): College-bound high school seniors of African descent
- College Students: Continuing college students of African descent.
- All scholarship application materials must be submitted electronically on 2017 Links Formby Friday, March 31, 2017 @ 11:59 pm
Instructions / Deadlines:
- Click on 2017 Links Form. Fill in your name and scroll to bottom to click on “I am a high school senior or college student, and I want to apply for the college scholarship“
- Follow the instructions on form (including a 400-500 word essay entitled, “Why I Think I Should Receive the Madison Metropolitan Chapter of The Links, Incorporated Scholarship) and then email the following 6 materials to email@example.com with your name in the Subject Field:
- Official Copy of High School Transcript or
- Official Copy of Academic Institution Transcript (if you are already in college)
- Copy of SAT or ACT Score Report
- Photo: Head Shot or high school yearbook photo preferred
- Two letters of recommendation. (Letters from relatives are not acceptable).
- Signed Photo/Biographical Data Release Form:photo-biographical_release_form
All scholarship application materials must be electronically submitted no later than Friday, March 31 2017@ 11:59 pm
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Madison Links at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download: 2017 Madison Links Scholarship Info